Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last Minute Preparations

Hi everyone, this is Greg typing. We are all working very hard to get all of our "to do" lists done before Friday! The worst part for me is to remember to write EVERYTHING down. I may be in the middle of one task, but I'll remember that I haven't put something on my list, so I need to stop what I'm doing and write it down. I hate doing that, but if I don't, there's a good chance that I'll totally forget it until I'm sitting on the plane.

At this point, everything is bitter-sweet for me. I don't like "good-byes" at all, but do want to connect with everyone before we leave. At the same time, I'm really excited about meeting new friends who I may know for the rest of my life. These mission trips are always too much of an emotional roller coaster for my taste, but the payoff is SO meaningful and well worth the ride. The very best part is knowing that I'm doing God's will. I don't always get to feel that way.

I hope that all of you supporters feel that you are also doing God's will! You have really amazed us with your generosity... and I'm not easy to amaze! :) I still want you all to know how much gratitude we have for how you've showed us that you love to do God's will.

Please lift up prayers for our future readers and for our preparations and travel. Don't forget Sam and Claire as they fly for the first time. We will all need a protective blessing from God as we fly half-way around the globe. We truly believe that He will be faithful. Thanks for everything!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you guys have a fun and safe trip. We will be praying for your safe return! Greg and Cindy, I am really depending on you to keep a close (very close) eye on my Grandkids!

    Kathy Rains

    ReplyDelete