Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Greg

We have really been challenged and blessed since arriving in Romania. We are also finding out why God chose to place us in Constanta at this time. The missionary family, Ady. Luma, and thier two boys, Daniel and David, are enduring a very difficult time because Luma's mother is very sick and may not have much time left. They obviously regret not being able to help us in all of the ways that they would like, but they still, even in the midst of this trial, are caring for us in the ways that they can. Please pray for them.

Many times in the past, God has sent Cyndi and I to places where we could be an encouragement to ministers and missionaries. What a wonderful blessing to share this role with Danny and Kristen here in Romania. The church here is small and really seems to need encouragement right now. Of course, we are hoping that the people that we are sharing Jesus with will see the church as a place to come to share struggles and joy. We are praying to God that He will help the seeds that we are planting to grow.

I was asked to preach a sermon this next Sunday morning to the our new church family here in Constanta. I agreed even though as most of you know, I am no preacher. Someone once told me, "Preachers preach and song leaders sing." They were trying to tell me to quit talking in between songs that I was leading. I also recieved a C in my college speech class. I say all of that to prove that my human abilities to speak are feeble, but I believe that God can do anything with anyone. And I believe that He can use even me to encourage a struggling congregation even in a foreign country. How can I turn down such an opportunity? Please say a prayer on Saturday night for me. (Danny agreed to speak next Sunday.)

When I show the world my human limitations, that gives God the chance to show his power in me. Please pray that God will use all of us and our human weaknesses to be glorified this week. And PLEASE pray for our readers and our reading sessions. We are all learning to love them and feel a desparate desire that they find the hope that only Jesus can give.

2 comments:

  1. That's great to have the opportunity to show God's power by letting Him work through you. We are praying for you and your group's success. Say hello to the church there for us too.

    ReplyDelete