Monday, June 20, 2011

CYNDI:

It is Monday afternoon in Constanta, Romania. The sun is shining, the breeze is gentle, and the sea is sparkling. This is our second day here and all is well. Yesterday we met with the church in the morning and they provided us with a potluck lunch to welcome us. We had our LST information meeting in the evening and signed-up 16 readers. Today we have had several more people come to sign-up, so word is spreading about our program. We began our reading sessions this morning and we are getting very positive feedback.

I want to take just a minute to praise the Davis family. They traveled for 36 or more hours from the time they left their house in Russelllville to the time we arrived at our apartment in Constanta. All the time riding in cars and airplanes or waiting in airports. That isn't easy for anyone, especial little children. I can honestly say, I don't recall any major outbursts of emotion or defiance from either Sam or Clare. (I'm not sure you can say the same thing about me :) They were amazing, sitting quietly when necessary and playing whenever possible. This is mine and Greg's first time to be on an LST team with children, and we weren't sure what to expect, but we are so proud of the Davises! They are doing an amazing job of guiding their children to be pleasant people and teaching by example what is important to them.

Now it's time for me to prepare for my next reader. Please be praying for the hearts of those we are working with here in Constanta.
Blessings, Cyndi

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know everyone had a good trip to Constanta. I just realized yesterday that I had been mispronouncing the name. I think I called it 'Constanza' or some such thing. I will be praying for all of you and wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy said....
    It is wonderful that you are getting a good turn out for the reading. god's word does not return void. Tell the Davis's I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to you to provide a setting. :-) Glad you got to Romania safely, and that the kids behaved admirably!

    ReplyDelete