Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Danny

Buna ziua! This is week 5, which means we only have 2 weeks left. Our time here is flying by! It is amazing to see God working in the relationships that we are building with our readers, and it is very difficult to think about how little time we have left with them. At this point in our trip, we are all beginning to see that we are leaving soon and we are trying to spend as much time with everyone as we can.
In other news, I was given the opportunity to preach, on Sunday morning, and as I was speaking, I could feel the Spirit guiding me and speaking through me. It was a very emotional experience, and one that I will never forget. It was actually a little overwhelming to know that God was actually using me in that moment to speak to the congregation, and I had to pause several times and take a deep breath because I had tears welling up in my eyes. Like I said, I will never forget that experience. Sam got up with me in front of the church and quoted the Golden Rule. Afterwards, I asked him if he like helping me with my sermon, and he said, "Yes! I always wanted to preach, and I was wondering when I would ever get to!"
After church, we had a large group over for lunch at our apartment, and then Andrea, one of the local Christians, took us to a stand that sells "Original American Donuts". They were certainly original, and they were donuts, but they were not like any donuts I've ever had in America! Anyway, I have a reader waiting for me, so I will close this post by asking you to all continue praying for us and our readers. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Way to go Sam (and Danny..:) Darin and I were just talking about Claire being excited to PREACH when y'all got there..sounds like everyone's doing it! Great job, guys..praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny & Family- we have been praying for you for opportunities to show everyone the love of Jesus. I know you are all doing that and we know your last few days will give you the time to touch many lives. Thanks for everything you are doing.

    ReplyDelete